Saturday, June 27, 2020

Give Your Friend the Cutest Ever Baby Shower Cake


This is what I made for a friend, and would be great for a baby shower. I love that it turned out so cute and pregnant looking. Squeee! It’s adorable. Show this photo to your local cake decorators and they could whip this out pretty easily. (Hey, I’m a novice, and I did it!)
It’s always fun to see where creative ideas come from so I thought I’d share the sketch I started out with. The sketches start with a few ideas I think I can pull off, based on what ingredients and supplies I have on hand. Below is where I thought I might take the design:

See how the final didn’t match my drawing? No biggie! It happens quite often during the creative process—a better idea reveals itself and you just go with the flow.
The cake itself was Hershey's Deep Dark Chocolate Cake, with a chocolate ganache and strawberry preserve filling. This chocolate cake is my go-to. It’s moist and rich, and I’ve never had any problems with the recipe. You can find it here. (This is NOT an ad nor an affiliated link, I just really love the flavor of this cake.)
More cake decorating ideas can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment