Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Tropical Beach Birthday Cake with Candy Details

Need an idea for a tropical beach themed birthday cake? Boom. Here you have it. It’s bright and fun, with flowers, surf boards, leis, sand, coconuts, fish and more. (It looks more complicated than it really is.) And the kids LOVED it.

If you’ve worked with fondant before, I’m confidant you’ll be able to put this cake together. Many of the fondant details need to be made ahead of time so they can dry. But really, that’s not a big deal. Just put on your favorite show while you work and enjoy a little time to be creative.
Do you enjoy seeing how other artists work things out before they settle on a final piece? I do. So, I thought I’d share the original sketches I used to suss out the ideas. You can see which cake won out.
Take away and use any ideas you like! I hope this fosters some ideas in YOU! Let me know how it goes. I completely enjoy the back and forth of creative sharing.

Check THESE other cake decoration ideas out.

No comments:

Post a Comment